Not a member? To save, rate, and share recipes
Purchased pound cake helps this dessert come together quickly and easily. Beautiful when served in martini glasses.
Custard:3 egg yolks1 1/3 cups (325 mL) milk1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange rindBase:2 cups (500 mL) cake cubes (such as pound cake)1/2 cup (125 mL) Smuckers Pure Raspberry Jam2 tbsp (30 mL) orange juice1 cup (250 mL) fresh raspberries1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream, whipped
1. In bowl, whisk together egg yolks, 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk, sugar and cornstarch.
2. In heavy saucepan, heat remaining milk over medium heat just until bubbles form around edge; gradually whisk into yolk mixture.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring, until mixture is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes; remove from heat and whisk in orange rind until smooth.
4. Transfer to clean bowl and place plastic wrap directly on surface; chill for at least 30 minutes.
5. Divide cake between 6 (6 to 8 oz/170 to 250 mL) dessert dishes.
6. Whisk together jam and orange juice and drizzle evenly between dishes.
7. Reserve a few raspberries for garnish and place remaining on top cake layers.
8. Fold half whipped cream into cooled custard and divide between dishes; refrigerate remaining cream.
9. Chill until ready to serve, at least 1 hour. Garnish with reserved whipped cream and raspberries.
LOOKS EASY TO MAKE
Swirling sponge cake, ice cream and strawberry syrup will have your guests wondering how you pulled off this masterpiece.
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Makes : 20-25 servings
Raise a glass to Canada with whimsical red & white milkshakes. Strawberry Sundae Syrup™ decorates the glasses with stripes.
Prep Time : 5 minute
Makes : 4 servings
You'll need Adobe® Reader to view recipes.
Not a member? To bookmark and comment on recipes