Not a member? To save, rate, and share recipes
Meringue1 cup (250 mL) NatureggTM Simply Egg WhitesTM, well shaken1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar1 tbsp (15 mL) white vinegar1 ¾ cups (425 mL) icing sugar, sifted2 tbsp (30 mL) Fleischmann’s® Canada Brand Corn StarchFilling1 can (300 mL) Eagle Brand® Regular or Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk2 cups (500 mL) thick plain yogurt¼ cup (50 mL) lemon juice1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon rind1 tsp (5 mL) vanillaBerry Sauce2 cups (500 mL) frozen mixed berries½ cup (125 mL) Smucker’s® Pure Strawberry Jam1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extractGarnish2 cups (500 mL) frozen mixed berries icing sugar (optional) mint sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 250ºF (121ºC). Line a large baking sheet with parchment
2. Meringue: In a large bowl, beat egg whites until light and starting to hold
shape. Gradually add granulated sugar to egg whites and beat until firm.
Beat in vinegar. Gently fold in icing sugar and corn starch into meringue
mixture in thirds, gently.
3. Spoon egg whites into a circle on prepared baking sheet, about 12” (30 cm).4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 ½ hours. Turn off oven, leave door ajar and
let meringue cool in oven.
5. Filling: Mix all ingredients together until well combined.6. Sauce: Place frozen berries and jam in a small saucepan. On low heat,
simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Reserve.
7. Assembly: Gently spoon filling over cooled meringue. Spoon reserved
berry sauce over filling, don’t worry if it runs down the sides! Top with
frozen berries. Sprinkle with icing sugar and garnish with fresh mint.
1. Make meringue ahead, keep in cool dry place or wrap well and freeze. If
wrapped well, can be stored for up to 1 month. Assemble dessert just
Layers of birthday cake, ice cream, chocolate sauce and berries. This dessert has it all for the birthday girl or boy.
Prep Time : 30 minutes
Makes : 12-16 servings
A summertime pleaser from the freezer. Feel free to substitute your family’s favourite ice cream flavour in this recipe.
Prep Time : 45 minutes
Makes : 12 servings
These hearty meatballs in a sweet and savoury sauce make a crowd-pleasing appetizer or delicious main course served on rice.
Prep Time : 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes : 40 small meatballs
You'll need Adobe® Reader to view recipes.
Not a member? To bookmark and comment on recipes