Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Marinating Time 1 hour or overnight
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 2 lbs (1 kg) chicken wings
- 1 cup (250 mL) Smucker's® Pure Apricot Jam
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp (5-10 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) clove garlic, minced
- Cut off and discard chicken wing tips. Cut each chicken wing in half at the joint. Place in plastic bag; set aside.
- Combine jam, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, chili powder and garlic. Pour 1/2 cup (125 mL) into plastic bag with chicken; seal bag and marinate at least 1 hour or overnight, turning occasionally. Refrigerate remaining sauce, to use for dipping when served.
- Preheat grill or barbeque to medium heat. Place chicken wings on preheated grill (reserve marinade). Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, brushing chicken often with reserved marinade during cooking. Turn wings over occasionally.
- Serve with remaining refrigerated sauce.
- Wings can also be baked in a conventional oven at 350°F (180°C) for 30 to 35 minutes.