Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: about 10 appetizers
Freezing: not recommended
- 8 sheets of filo dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup (75mL) butter, melted
- 1 cup (250mL) goat cheese, softened
- ½ cup (125mL) Smucker’s® Pure Orchard Berry Jam
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Layer 4 sheets of filo dough on top of each other and cover with damp towel until ready to use. Layer remaining 4 sheets on top of each other on counter and brush top sheet with melted butter. Place goat cheese along short end of Filo sheet, cover with jam and place remaining 4 sheets of filo dough on top. Roll jelly roll style from short end, brushing butter on the ends to seal. Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. With a very sharp knife, cut slits halfway through strudel about every inch (2.5cm) to facilitate cutting once it is baked. Brush with melted butter. Bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Chill at least 1 hour prior to serving, to allow filling to set. To serve, cut using pre-cut slits as a guide.