Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Robin Hood Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) Robin Hood or Old Mill® Quick Oats
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Oasis® Premium Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Egg Creations™ Original Liquid Eggs, well shaken
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Crisco® Canola Oil
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) Smucker’s® Pure Blackberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners.
- In large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients. In smaller bowl, whisk together orange juice, liquid eggs and oil; pour over dry ingredients. Stir together until just moistened.
- Spoon half of batter evenly into muffin cups (about 1/3 full). Drop 1 tsp (5 mL) of jam in centre of batter in each muffin cup. Top evenly with remaining batter and place a final ½ tsp (2 mL) of jam on top of each muffin. Using a knife, drag tip from centre outwards in a circular motion to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing from tray.